Chicago Vlogs At Zennie62 on YouTube.com

RIP Leonard Nimoy Spock Was The First Nerd

RIP Leonard Nimoy Spock Was The First Nerd Leonard Nimoy and Mr. Spock have been a huge part of my life. Going back to watching Star Trek TOS in 1966 and starting the Bret Harte Oakland Star Trek Club in 1976, Spock and Star Trek helped to form how I look at the World. Spock made it cool to be smart He was the first nerd. I remember when I met him in 1981 when I was a student at Texas-Arlington, Nimoy did not want to be Spock. He even had a book "I am not Spock." Boy, he pissed off a lot of people with that one! Then, in 1995, he embraced being Spock, and wrote "I Am Spock." Mr. Spock is part of the Star Trek message that we can and will be better. Live Long and Prosper.





A Zennie62 on YouTubevideo-blog post for Chicago Focus, via IFTTT
Post A Comment
  • Blogger Comment using Blogger
  • Facebook Comment using Facebook
  • Disqus Comment using Disqus

No comments :


Chicago Tweets

Popular Posts